Hamilton County Schools Receives Silver Healthy School District
Wellness Monthly Newsletters
- Wellness_Newsletter--Out_Cold.pdf (2.0 MBs)
- Wellness_Newsletter--10_X_2.pdf (1.9 MBs)
- Wellness_Newsletter--Germ_Warfare.pdf (3.1 MBs)
- Wellness_Newsletter--MOVE!.pdf (4.0 MBs)
- Wellness_Newsletter--Off_The_Griddle March 2017.pdf (2.5 MBs)
- April-2017.pdf (837.8 KBs)
- Wellness_Newsletter--90_Minute_Rule.pdf (2.2 MBs)
- March-2018.pdf (733.4 KBs)
- July Wellness Newsletter 2018.pdf (907.6 KBs)
- August-2018 Newsletter.pdf (710.8 KBs)
Monthly Wellness Awareness
National Nutrition Month March 2018
This year's theme is "Go Further With Food," and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has put together all kinds of resources to help promote good nutrition. The goals of this year's theme are threefold. You see, the theme is focused on helping people create an eating pattern and physical activity plan that focuses on...
Consuming fewer calories
Getting daily exercise
Making informed food choices
By adopting these goals, this year's theme strives to help people manage their weight successfully and reduce their risk of chronic disease while promoting general health. Win-win-win, right.
It’s Time to Mix Things Up! It’s National Nutrition Month®! The theme this year is “Bite Into a Healthy Lifestyle.” Feeling inspired but not sure where to start? Here are a few great ways to build a healthy lifestyle…
• Make Smart Choices. Do you know what’s really in your food? How many calories? How many nutrients? The more you know, the wiser your decisions can be. If you’re shopping in the grocery store, look at the Nutrition Facts labels of foods before you put them in your cart. If you’re dining out, look up the menu online.
• Eat and Drink Fewer Calories. Keep empty calories to a minimum and focus on foods like fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean protein sources, low-fat dairy products, and whole grains. These are all keys to a healthful and balanced diet that’s rich in nutrients.
Eating more nutritious foods that lead to a healthier life is a common goal for many families. But the question is, how? How do we turn that goal into action and start taking the necessary steps to eat better?
Learn what the nutritional needs are for your family, and take on healthy changes to eat better
To Learn More visit: https://www.healthiergeneration.org/live_healthier/eat_healthier/
Eat Right This Summer
Increase Fruits and Vegetables
Eat Real Food
Drop Liquid Calories
You can also access a Product Calculator and The Smart Food Planner.