After School Meals Program
The Afterschool Meals Program provides reimbursement for nutritious meals and snacks served at eligible after school program sites. This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is administered in Florida by the Department of Health, Bureau of Child Care Food Programs.
The program has begun for the 2018-2019 school year as of Monday March 11th at Hamilton County High School.
The program is open to students of Hamilton County High participating in:
- Homework assistance
- Tutoring (all academic subjects)
- English (including ESOL) classes
- Remedial education (all academic subjects)
- Arts and crafts
- Life skills
- Computer skills
- FCAT preparation
- Foreign language instruction
- Social skills instruction
- Board, card, or electronic games
- Non-competitive sports and recreational activities that are open to all children attending the afterschool program